Make fall jars with dollar store flowers plus burlap and lace. And don’t miss the new Christmas jars version.
I kind of fell in love with these cream colored sunflowers at the Dollar Tree the last time I was there. I was surprised, because it’s tough to find good fake flowers that don’t break the bank, you know? So I picked up a few things and came home with a plan.Here’s how you can make your own painted fall jars with flowers. Gather these supplies:
- Clean jars (canning, peanut butter, jam, salad dressing, etc – or buy from the dollar store)
- Chalky paint (purchased, this spray version is awesome or make your own chalk paint)
- Lace trim
- (or buy burlap ribbon that has lace added to it already, like this)
- Dollar store sunflowers and “grass”
- Hot glue
Chalk paint on glass jars
Start by painting the outsides of the jars. You’ll need at least two coats. Let the first coat dry completely so that it doesn’t start to pull off when you add the second coat (this happened to me and I had to wait!)
If you want to distress the jars, use sandpaper to distress the paint off of a few places. I left mine alone without sanding.
When the jars are all dry, add a strip of burlap around the middle of each one and secure with a bit of hot glue around the back side.
Then wrap a piece of trim on top of the burlap. The kind I had was actually adhesive already, which made it super easy to attach of course. Otherwise, use a drop of hot glue again in the back.
Finally, just add the flowers and extras to the jars. Super simple and cute yeah? What would you put in cute fall jars?
Display the painted fall jars with flowers as a table centerpiece, or on your fireplace mantel, or on your styled bookshelf.
- Glass jars - purchased or recycled, preferably one a little taller than the others
- Fake flowers
- Chalk paint
- Paint brush
- Glue gun
- Wire cutters
- Paint 2 thin coats of chalk paint on the outside of clean, dry glass jars. Allow 1 hour dry time between each coat. Spray paint may also be used.
- Cut burlap strips and glue around the center of each jar.
- Layer lace trim or other ribbon over the burlap and glue.
- Arrange flowers, putting some flowers in each jar, and some extra elements for height in the taller jar.
Change up the colors of the paint, ribbon and flowers to create arrangements for any holiday or season.
Click here for my other dollar store crafts.
For even more FALL craft and recipe ideas, visit all the post by our creative blogger group and start pinning 🙂
Dolen Diaries || Fall Watering Can
Here Comes the Sun || Easy Glitter Burlap Fall Wreath
The Taylor House || Pumpkin Brownies
Crafting in the Rain || Fall Jars
733 || Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip with Printable Fall Gift Tags
Do Small Things with Love || Fall Leaves Embroidery Hoops
Just Us Four || Apple Cobbler
Practically Functional || DIY Lace Up Rain Boots