If you’re not one who likes to mix holidays, now that St. Patrick’s Day is done it’s the perfect time to whip up a bit of Easter or spring decorations. Spring around here usually just means “more rain”…or “rain still.” But we’ve had a few extra sunny days lately, which is always welcome! Plus, it makes these blocks extra glittery.
I recently got to try out some Craft Twinkles from DecoArt and come up with an idea for their project library. It’s a glitter paint which is a great way to add glitter without the mess. Check it out, it’s really there! Easter Canvases
You can find supplies and steps there too, but here I’m going to share a few more pictures of the process.
- Wood Blocks (buy some or cut your own from scraps. They should be thick enough to stand on their own)
- Linen or Canvas Fabric (I used canvas drop cloth)
- DecoArt Craft Twinkles (Galaxy Blue, Sparkling Pink, Lime Green)
- DecoArt Americana Paint (Snow White, Sea Breeze, Bubblegum Pink, Citron Green)
- Stencils in Spring Shapes (I found some images that I was able to cut out of freezer paper using my cutting machine)
- Flat Tacks (I used silver, but any finish would be cool)