Inventables provided us with a machine to create this tutorial for you. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
X-Carve cut blocks for block printing.
If you love to DIY Halloween, don’t forget about the trick or treat bag! We used our X-Carve to make blocks to block print a plain white canvas bag.
Watch the video to see the whole process (and it’s another one where I show up in the film!)
- Cut MDF pieces (blocks with 3/4 and position guide from 1/4) Brush shellac over all the raised portions–this seals the MDF so it doesn’t soak up the ink later.
- Layer bag and guide on the corner of a table and clamp down to hold in place
- Mix red and yellow ink to get orange, evenly cover the brayer then apply to the pumpkin
- Set the bottom edge of the block into the guide, lay the whole block down and press firmly to transfer the ink image.
- Pull up the block and clean the brayer and plastic
- Repeat with the black face and green stem
- Within 24 hours the ink dries to the touch and will be machine washable in 5 days.
Our other X-Carve projects: