Expressions Vinyl sent me a set of red, white and blue vinyl to create my own craft project to share with you. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Stay tuned for the giveaway too–$100 to Expressions Vinyl!
It’s one of the best times of the year–time for red, white and blue crafting! Whether it’s t-shirts for the fam, bike decorations for a parade, or something to make your home extra patriotic, vinyl is perfect for getting the job done.
To make this red, white, and blue star sign, here’s what you’ll need:
(some links are affiliate)
Red glitter vinyl
Thin plywood board (10×10 inches)
1×1 (really 3/4×3/4) cut into Two 10 inch lengths and Two 8 1/2 inch lengths for the frame
Design Space file
Read my post with detailed instructions for using vinyl.
Start by prepping the wood pieces. I sanded all the edges a bit, and then banged up the frame pieces with a hammer to make them look old. Stain the frame pieces and paint the plywood white.
While that’s all drying, cut out the lacy stripes using the red glitter vinyl and the star using the blue. Weed extra vinyl out and apply transfer tape.
When the white paint is totally dry, stick the stripes down and remove the tape. Center the blue star and stick it down.
Then use the wood glue to attach the frame pieces. I used some clamps to keep them in place while they dried.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Here is the image with all the links–
- Patriotic shirt by Pitter and Glink
- Treat boxes from a Kailo Chic Life
- Wall art from Sweet Rose Studio
- Easy Diy shirt from A Crafted Sparrow
- Star Vinyl Sign from Crafting in the Rain
- America Pillow from Kiki & Company
- Land that I love from 733 blog
- 4th of July Smores kit from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Firework Tank from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Festive Popsicle bucket from Doodlecraft
- Polka Dot Mason Jar from MM Scrap Shoppe
- Little Sparkler shirt from Made to be a Momma
- Star Confetti Balloons from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Embroidery Hoop America from A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Suspender onesie from Silhouette School